POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : advice for a wannabe : advice for a wannabe Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:09:27 EDT (-0400)
  advice for a wannabe
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 26 Feb 2009 16:55:45
Message: <49a70fe1$1@news.povray.org>
I don't really expect to get a useful answer, but here goes anyway ...

I have a project in mind that involves tracing rays in non-Euclidean
space.  Obviously it would be good if I could adapt Povray, but the code
is largely opaque to me.  In the (seeming) absence of a guide saying
"this is how Povray's source code is structured and here's what you need
to do to make the most common kinds of changes," can anyone suggest some
books that might bring me up to speed?  Or is there no substitute for
working long years on large C++ projects?

--
Anton Sherwood, www.ogre.nu
"How'd ya like to climb this high without no mountain?"--Porky Pine