POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow macro test [~30k] : Re: Snow macro test [~30k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow macro test [~30k]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 24 Feb 2009 15:26:07
Message: <49a457df$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.49a3ddb662cc51bea5bc7c50@news.povray.org...
>I was just about to comment that it looks more like... well, dunno -
>shaving
>foam for instance - at least not snow :P

Very true, the texture kinda "sells it" though, as it turns it to more of a
"snow encrusted ice". I am also playing with cylindrical components, and a
mix of both.

> Looking forward to seeing a "true snow" version of the shot.
>
> Pity it's quite a bit too late for this season's christmas... spring's at
> the
> doorstep, and you come up with a snow macro... dz, dz, dz... :P

Yeah, it was kinda random. I still have a few optimizations to do, like
geting the number of failed tests down for complicated objects like trees.

The shapes of the icicles are prettymuch nailed down at this point, and they
blob together as in nature...but more work must still be done for that part.

ian