POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Bricks : Re: WIP: Bricks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Bricks
From: Alain
Date: 22 Feb 2009 17:17:27
Message: <49a1cef7$1@news.povray.org>
clipka nous illumina en ce 2009-02-22 11:06 -->
> Just a few old, weathered bricks.
>
> Genuine SDL, with area lighting, radiosity, focal blur and ground fog.
>
> 1h:14m on a P4 3.4GHz XP machine (MegaPOV 1.2.1)
>
> Not too happy with the look yet - I think those reddish boxes somehow fail to
> look like bricks for some unexplained reason.
>
> Maybe I should try the isosurface approach after all. But how can you define a
> box with rounded corners and holes in it as an isosurface?
>
> Comments / suggestions anyone?

I never, ever, saw, in my hands, any brick with anything else than 3 holes, or
NO holes, in them. The only ones with 8 holes, I saw in rendered picture and
drawings, but not in photos with enough details to be able to count the number
of holes.
This gives me the impression that the 8 holed bricks are not real at all, but
only artistic representations.

That said, they look OK, but the mortar looks as if it's the same material as
the rest of the bricks. Only differing by colour, not texture, finish or grayniness.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Subway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.