POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MC Pengin : Re: MC Pengin Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MC Pengin
From: Mike Hough
Date: 22 Feb 2009 03:15:25
Message: <49a1099d$1@news.povray.org>
> Doesn't the old version run indefinitely, tho?  I'm pretty sure I didn't
> see anything about the software expiring in the license or I wouldn't have
> bought it.

My problem is that I eventually upgraded to the netrender version which uses
a parallel port dongle, and I can't get it to work with my current
motherboard. It has a legacy port on it but it appears to be non-functional
with the dongle. So even though the last version I paid for was 9.5, the
latest I can run is 8.5 and that is only because I kept the CD. Lose or
damage the CD and your sunk

Back when I was actively working on exporters I got many requests from
artists who wanted me to improve my RIB exporter because they prefered
modeling in A:M to most other packages. Even made a little money at it but
eventually I hit a wall and couldn't take it any further as I am not all
that good of a programmer. Some of them I believe were working for large
studios, or at least that is what they told me. OBJ export was pretty
popular as well. Don't think I ever got any feedback from anyone using the
POV exporter.