POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MC Pengin : Re: MC Pengin Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MC Pengin
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Feb 2009 22:08:30
Message: <49a0c1ae$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Hough wrote:
> When you say move the skin when the bones move, you are talking about the
> muscle motion thing?

That, and the whole distinction between skin, scales, and (one other mode
whose name I forget). You know,s o like the scales on the moving fish don't
distort but just rotate in place when the "flesh" underneath turns?

They seem to have buried any sort of tutorials since last I was there, so I
can't easily find the bit to show you visually what I mean.

> Don't know how to do that in blender but you can make
> shape keys for vertex motion which can do mostly the same thing except you'd
> have to adjust the keys manually.

That gets kind of lame, yes. Altho I'm pretty sure you can key several items
to the same IPO curve in Blender.

> Btw, you can export BVH files from A:M
> actions and import them into Blender and it will even reconstruct the
> armature for you. Then if you import the model you can link it to the
> armature and it will be ready to go.

That's cool. I never got quite that far with Hash. I was hoping that if I
paid for a commercial product, it would be more polished than a free one.

> can't continue doing so because I can't afford to upgrade the
> software...well, more like I don't want to pay for it anymore.

Doesn't the old version run indefinitely, tho?  I'm pretty sure I didn't see
anything about the software expiring in the license or I wouldn't have
bought it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"