POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excuseme... Have you met Dr. Rhawn Joseph, Ph.D ? : Re: Excuseme... Have you met Dr. Rhawn Joseph, Ph.D ? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excuseme... Have you met Dr. Rhawn Joseph, Ph.D ?
From: andrel
Date: 10 Mar 2009 18:39:22
Message: <49B6EC1A.2000108@hotmail.com>
On 10-3-2009 11:54, Saul Luizaga wrote:

>> what about simply: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_life
>

> Logic - Part 1 (logic and science)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_-pdLZPEAo&feature=related
>
> Origin of Life 2 -- The Simple Life
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gOP3Erie-Q&feature=related
>
> Origin of Life 3 -- Science & Creation Myths
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25UJG1S578&feature=channel

So, another well meaning amateur. Less offensive, slightly better
informed, but still missing some subtle points. Some hints of 'I can not
imagine how that happens, so it is impossible' sort of view. Why don't
you consult a group of actually knowledgeable people? They should not be
less hard to find than these youtube amateurs, I would hope.

I did not try hard myself. I checked TED but there seems to be no talk
really about the origins of life or abiogenesis. That is a pity because
on TED there are good talks by people in the forefront of their fields.
Which gives interesting insights and guaranteed a few ideas that will
turn out to be totally wrong. As someone interested in science that is
fantastic and the best you can get. (As soon as someone is telling the
truth and nothing but the truth, you know it is a phoney.)