POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another mcpov render : Re: Another mcpov render Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another mcpov render
From: Mike Hough
Date: 19 Feb 2009 19:46:52
Message: <499dfd7c@news.povray.org>
This is what I get if I combine your image with my previous post and two
other renders.  Looking better but I think fidos' render has it beat.

"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message news:499d0f7e@news.povray.org...
>> Does everyone's separate images have random grain (truly random, and not
>> identical from machine to machine)?
>
> It should do (AIUI the RNG is seeded from the system time).  Often people
> render on multi-core machines by starting several instances of MCPOV and
> then averaging later, so I think it works.
>
> The problem I see is that posting JPEG versions here will lose some of the
> detail, you really need to post PNG, but my file is 1.4 MB... Anyway, here
> is a JPEG version with minimum compression after 14 hours, this scene
> really
> is a tricky beast!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'radiosity_mcpov_combined.jpg' (258 KB)

Preview of image 'radiosity_mcpov_combined.jpg'
radiosity_mcpov_combined.jpg