POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Passing user-defined parameters : Re: Passing user-defined parameters Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:56:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing user-defined parameters
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Feb 2009 17:46:21
Message: <49989b3d$1@news.povray.org>
twister wrote:
> You'll probably want something like
>>    pvengine.exe myscene.pov +w640 -h480 /render /exit
>
> Not exactly. I want to generate couple of scenes with different content.

Shamelessly based on the block wall macros in the object library:

#if (frame_number = 0)
#declare my_scene = 5;  // The one you're fiddling with right now
#else
#declare my_scene = frame_number;
#end

#if (my_scene = 1)
#include "MyFirstScene.pov"
#end

#if (my_scene = 2)
#include "MySecondScene.pov"
#end

rem Render scenes 2 though 7 without stopping.
pvengine.exe +KFI2 +KFF7 +IMyMasterScene.pov

Does that help give an idea?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"