POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Rainbows pt 2 : Re: More Rainbows pt 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Rainbows pt 2
From: Bob
Date: 10 Feb 2009 16:29:41
Message: <4991f1c5$1@news.povray.org>
No need to actually work with glass when it can be ray traced in POV. I like
these minimilist kind of things.

Brings up a question of color that's more often than not been a frustration
of mine. The orange looks brown... or more precisely, it looks like a tea
drink.
Many times I tried to get a traffic cone fluorescent orange color and
failed. Even if the color can be attained alone, any scene change (lighting,
etc.) is almost sure to lose the bright orange color. That seems to go for
yellow sometimes, too.
I think it's video card and LCD related, because the few times I've compared
on another display it looks different. Doubt it would only be gamma at fault
(besides my own fault).