POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the Utah teapot is older than you think! : Re: the Utah teapot is older than you think! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the Utah teapot is older than you think!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Feb 2009 02:56:49
Message: <498e9041$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> Well, it seems Tim's method produces a very similar result to mine, with
> maybe
> just a little more clumping. It does take a lot longer to parse, however -
> although it's difficult to compare exactly because he sets a max loop
> counter,
> not a max hit counter, and mine just takes a grid spacing.

I think Tim said in one of his posts that his macro was brute force, so
probably not entirely parse *efficient*. As long as the job is done, that is
not too much of a problem, except, I guess, when a large number of objects
are involved.

> I am going to fiddle a little more with mine, then I'll post the source.

That is good!

Thomas