POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot)
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 6 Feb 2009 11:20:55
Message: <498c6367$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Not recommended with current LCD technology: It's still too
> viewing-angle-dependent (typically in the up/down diretion), and taking a few
> steps back may change the angle significantly enough to make your results quite
> useless.

Yeah, especially with TN panels. I use a MVA/PVA which is better. IPS
should be very good in this respect, too. I had a TN display for a few
days but I hated it because poor viewing angles. Not suitable for
anything where you'd like to have even slightly accurate colors. Don't
know if TNs are better now.

> Looking at the display from just the same spot as you usually do and squinting
> your eyes is usually the better approach.

Yeah, that might be the safest way to do it. Still, it is a shame
monitors are not factory calibrated - besides Eizos and some other Pro
displays.