POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the Utah teapot is older than you think! : Re: the Utah teapot is older than you think! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the Utah teapot is older than you think!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Feb 2009 03:20:57
Message: <498bf2e9@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Taking a break from Lego, I thought of a nice efficient method of placing
> objects relatively evenly over the surface of another object. This only
> took
> about 10-15 seconds to parse, and a good deal of that was building the
> rock
> mesh...
>
> I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but I think it should work on
> everything -
> csg, meshes, open meshes, patches, the lot.
>
> :)

Nice work!

Interestingly, Tim Attwood posted something similar in povray.advanced-users
on January 22nd, 2007,
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C45b52eed%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=299803&toff=100

and which I have used a couple of times. Would be interesting to compare
methods...

Thomas