POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot update3) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot update3)
From: St
Date: 1 Feb 2009 08:11:00
Message: <49859f64@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
news:49856b61$1@news.povray.org...

> Ah yes, this begins to look good. The colors are a bit too *primary* to my
> taste. You could try to use somewhat *off* reds, yellows, and blues; maybe
> even a very tiny bit different for each piece of glass. A bit darker too.
> Scale down the ambient too. Maybe a value around 0.5 will look nice. The
> opacity is allright I think.

    Here's the next one with AA and area_light on. Amazingly, this rendered
in only 58 minutes. I've used 0.5 on the coloured glass for the ambient in
this one, and diffused the glass colours by 25%. I'm not sure about it, so I
think I'll try 0.75 to see what that looks like, but what do you think? Ok
at 0.5?

> A bronze I use, but which might not be correct for your base, is the
> following, originally from Texture Magic:
>
>  texture {
>   pigment {
>    colour rgb<0.549,0.467,0.137>
>   }
>   normal { granite 0.1  scale 0.01 }
>   finish {
>    ambient 0
>    diffuse 0.7
>    brilliance 2.0
>    specular 0.3
>    roughness 0.005
>    metallic
>   }
>  }

 Thanks Thomas! That's actually quite nice as it is, but it came out kind of
matt in appearance so I put the metallic in a reflection block and added
conserve_energy to give it some shine. I think it might have too much
reflection now though. The normals show a little too much but they should
look better when using better AA.

 Oh, and added a switch. :)

  ~Steve~

> Thomas