POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot update2) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot update2)
From: St
Date: 1 Feb 2009 03:49:56
Message: <49856234@news.povray.org>
Ok, I didn't render this last night because in the end, I realised that
there was too much to play with so did the playing this morning instead. :)

  I've just rendered this image now, it took 1 hour 22 minutes with
area_light turned on and normal AA. I changed the colours of the glass to be
less pale as per Thomas' suggestion, but are these colours too vivid now? I
also made the glass more opaque which kind of looks good to me, but what do
you think?

   Lastly, I changed (for now) the lamp stand from Gold_Metal to T_Gold_2A
which looks better imo. I haven't tried to make it look bronze yet, and I
might need some help with that, but anyway, that's the next thing to try.
Oh, and a power cable with possibly one of those switches that hangs down...
oh, you know what I mean. :)

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: