POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot)
From: St
Date: 31 Jan 2009 16:24:03
Message: <4984c173$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:49844099@news.povray.org...
>>   Anyway, C&C always welcome.
>
> Very nice. I've tried lamps before (1 I liked 2 I didn't) so they are a
> difficult subject.

    Thank you. Yes, I do know what you mean, it 'is' a difficult subject.
However, this is just a small section of the final image so the lamp works
fine 'as is' in the position that it's supposed to be in. (That was the long
way of saying that the lamp is supposed to be over in the corner of the room
in the mirror reflection, heh.)  :)

> I like the shape and geometry in the shade .... don't mess with that. I
> would however do something diff for the base material. Think duller
> bronze. The tiffany lamps we've had in the shop have had bronze bases.

   Thanks for that tip. Will try for bronze. Yikes! o.o

    ~Steve~