POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot)
From: St
Date: 31 Jan 2009 16:08:51
Message: <4984bde3$3@news.povray.org>
"Mike Hough" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> Will look real nice with the area light enabled.

 Doing it hopefully later. It does look nice with area_light enabled. I
think you've done this before. :)

The glass seems almost like
> it is glowing. If you are using ambient for that part, I would try turning
> that off and trying double_illuminate instead. Might give it a little more
> depth.

   Bingo. Yes, that's what I did - ambient of 1 on the glass. My original
experiments were with ambient at 0, but I admit that I didn't like it too
much or play too much with it, I just settled on what I thought looked good.
Will experiment with double_illuminate, (never used it). Thanks for the tip.

   ~Steve~