POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot update) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot update)
From: St
Date: 31 Jan 2009 16:08:50
Message: <4984bde2@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
news:498475fc@news.povray.org...

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:49844099@news.povray.org...
>
> Well, some 'bog' standard comments then:

     Heh... :)

> I like it, Steve. I do like it indeed.

   Thank you Thomas. :)

There is an interesting artistic
> world to explore in those decades of the 19th and 20th centuries. I just
> wonder a bit about the colors of the glass which look a bit pale to me, in
> contrast to the background

 I totally agree. I'll have a play with the colours.

> (what is that anyway?

Would you believe I c*cked up with this image? I forgot to scale the lamp,
whereas I'd scaled the dressing table up for some weird reason. It makes it
look like the lamp is small, (which it is, lol). Oh well...

Here's the proper image attached with AA still off and area_light off too.
I'm doing another image later which I'll post tomorrow sometime.

I am not entirely sure
> about the geometry on which the lamplight seems to be projected) where the
> colors are much fuller/richer, which remind me more of the lamp shades of
> Tiffany and others;

Well, thanks for your 'bog' standard answers Thomas, because really, I
should have called the subject "Tiffany 'Style' lamp" as well. ;)

however, I am not an expert, and so might be totally
> wrong about this.

 I'm not an expert either, but I'd like to think that Tiffany probably
wouldn't have put this version into production.

> So, is this difference an effect of the light?

   Yes, I think so. With area_light turned on it looks much different.

     ~Steve~

> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: