POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: Alain
Date: 30 Jan 2009 19:43:41
Message: <49839ebd$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad nous illumina en ce 2009-01-30 17:31 -->

http://www.glgroup.com/News/CX717--Cortex-Pharmaceuticals-Ampakine-Drug-for-ADHD-Struck-Down-by-FDA-17844.html

> How many times do hear the FDA lie to me before I stop believing.?????
>
> Analysis: Ampakines potentiate neurotransmission at AMPA-type glutamate
> receptors, enhance arousal and attention, and have shown potential
> neuroprotective effects. The FDA’s denial, based on animal toxicity studies,
> suggests to me that there may be evidence that CX717 had some neurotoxic
> effects. Overexcitation of AMPA-type glutamate receptors have been shown to
> cause cell death.
>
> I need the results from a second unbiased observer before I can believe things
> the FDA says.

Many times, the do those animal tests using HUGE amounts of a given substance.
They give about 1 gram a day to mice. Given that a mice weight at 20 to 30
grams, For a 200 pounds man, it's akind of taking 10 pounds of the stuff per
day, for several years... Then, they detect a 1 to 5% increase in cancers in the
mice. They thus brand it as carcinogen and bann it.

The product is intended to be used as food coloring, and, in the worst case,
nobody could take more than 0.1 gram a day, and probably not every day.
How about eating 10 pounds of the yellow-5 food colourant in a day?

Or, the product is NOT to be taken internaly at all, but they still feed mice
with it. How about eating 10 pounds of hand soap or body lotion in a day?

--
Alain
Islam: If shit happens, blame Israel.