POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Jan 2009 15:45:24
Message: <498366e4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> No. To make a homeopathic remedy, you dilute something that causes the
> symptoms. So to make a cure for poison ivy, you dilute something that
> irritates your skin. The idea being (I think) that your body naturally
> fights off the very dilute stuff and in so doing cures the poison ivy, too.
>
> So dilute penicillin causes infections.

 From what I understand, the dilution ratios are so extreme, you're
lucky if you get one molecule of the "active" ingredient.

Homeopathy is quackery at its finest.

I had a cold, someone offered me some homeopathic cold "remedy" it was
basically a sugar pill. It did nothing for me.

I can take a mL of something, dilute it by adding 10L of water, take a
ml of that mixture, dilute it with 10L of water, repeat 10 times and
make a fine profit, too, you know. Just have to get a tiny vial of
wolfsbane, a small ampule of digitalis, and I'll have tens of thousands
of doses of my brand new homeopathic tonic. Guaranteed to cure death,
seasickness, insomnia, and constipation. Just put a couple drops on your
tongue!

I have a few cases of 10000X diluted snake oil in the back. It'll cure
rattlesnake bites. I promise! Just give it a few days to work.

Read the dilution scale...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathic

--
~Mike