POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 07:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: scott
Date: 29 Jan 2009 06:48:09
Message: <49819779$1@news.povray.org>
> I *believe* the first GPU has to go in the upper slot. I'll check the
> manual. (The manual is currently downloading from Gigabyte's website at
> roughly 1KB/sec, as is typical for motherboard downloads...)

Hehe, would be quicker just to try it out and see if it boots or not.

Yeh, why is it that all MB manufacturers have websites with a total
bandwidth of 4kb/sec?  And just when you need some simple onboard sound
driver quickly, you see it's a 63MB download and it's going to take 3 weeks
to complete.

> Well, I haven't actually tried it, but it's 2 bays wide, and holding it up
> against the motherboard (which isn't easy) it appears to be longer then
> the full width of the board, so...

To cover all 4 SATA sockets it must be pretty thick.