POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 05:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jan 2009 05:04:42
Message: <49817f3a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/finally-available,review-1164-12.html
>
>  From the image here (which is for the GA K8NXP-9), it appears that the
> extra SATA sockets are on the bottom edge of the board, clear of the GPU
> bay. So that ought to be usable.

Or, better yet, here:

http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=1867

Click to enlarge the image. You'll see 4 *yellow* SATA connectors. Those
are from the nForce 4 chipset. You'll also see 4 *red* SATA connectors.
These are from the Silicon Image SATA controller. (And so these don't
have the RAID feature - which is "host-based RAID" anyway, as it happens.)

The box for the motherboard actually contains 4 red and 4 yellow SATA
cables. And colour-coded IDE and FDD cables. And several types of PSU
adaptors. And... Seriously, the box contains everything you could
possibly need to set this board up. It was way more than just a
cardboard box with a PCB in it! :-D

You can also see where the two PCI Express slots of the twin graphics
cards are. (Remember, this is a 2-way SLI board.) I think my new card
actually extends off the edge of the motherboard! o_O

Also, on checking, the card takes 2 bay slots - so looking at the
placement of those PCI slots, it looks like you *could* fit two of
these. At least, there's enough physical space. I can't believe that the
airflow would be in any way "optimal" though...