POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 18:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 29 Jan 2009 01:13:09
Message: <498148f5@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> Luminous Bloom point pattern, I just had to look.

Yep, I had to fill the disc evenly :)

> Still wondering what you're running in your veins to make you such a genius.
>
> Find a source for Ampakines yet?
>
> http://www.nootropics.com/refs/

I was never looking for that. I don't think it's such a great idea to be
messing with glutamate activity directly. Glutamic acid agonists *and*
antagonists both pose different problems. Both can lead to cell death.
Granted, there are many types of glutamate receptors, and many drugs
affecting them which are benign. But look here. It's a crumb leading to
potentially damning information regarding ampakines:

http://www.glgroup.com/News/CX717--Cortex-Pharmaceuticals-Ampakine-Drug-for-ADHD-Struck-Down-by-FDA-17844.html

I'm sure the hole goes deeper, but I'm not terribly interested in
nootropics. I take that back. I like coffee.

> OMG what life could be if people had the balls to stomp out greedy government
> turd-sandwiches

That could get messy, and you'd better have a good case.

I know we need to have some of the drug laws changed though; minor drug
offenders are still going to jail with violent criminals. And for a less
harmful drug than tobacco or alcohol... Both sides are still advancing
though, so don't think nothing is being done. It's just moving at a
snail's pace.

It's good to remember that not all government offices are corrupt. But
the ones that are stink more than the rest. I get the feeling that a lot
of people in the loop stand idle while dirty deeds are afoot :(

Sam