POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jan 2009 15:15:49
Message: <4980bcf5@news.povray.org>
OMG, WTF?? o_O

Seriously, this thing is both larger and heavier than a harddrive!

Usually when you buy a graphics card, you get... a PCB. It weighs
nothing, and it's pretty small. My last graphics card was a PCB with a
small fan on it, so it was slightly larger.

THIS mutha... is... a solid metal brick, 265 mm by 110 mm by 40 mm.
There is no PCB visible; the entire thing is solid metal (and
elaborately printed with lush graphics in glossy paint too). About a
quarter of the object is made up of the massive exhaust fan! o_O

Jesus, I've got an SLI motherboard, but I don't think I could physically
*fit* two of these suckers in there even if I had the money! The card is
about 3 bays wide!! It weighs a tonne too...

Bugger me, this is gonna be good! :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/