POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : max trace level / ADC bailout "blackout" : Re: max trace level / ADC bailout "blackout" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max trace level / ADC bailout "blackout"
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Jan 2009 14:55:40
Message: <4980b83c$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> I have a few ideas that could help improve the results in such cases:

another option would be to ignore transparent objects on the last
trace level, so the ray ends up intersecting with some object which
is actually visible in the scene. Not sure about opaque reflective
objects, remove those and the ray may end up in some part of the
scene with which light isn't actually exchanged at all. But I think
most artefacts with max_trace_level occur with glass/water anyway.