POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jan 2009 11:05:46
Message: <4980825a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:11:58 -0800, stbenge wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> That sounds like a fun show to listen to. Where might I find it?
>>
>> I found the recordings on one of the more popular torrent sites.  The
>> shows date from 1974 (it's radio drama), about 1400 of them in total
>> over 9 years.
>
> Darn! I was hoping CBS still had radio shows :(

There was an attempt at a revival in about 1998 IIRC, but it only went
for a little while (and I haven't managed to find those recordings,
either).  I remember listening to these on WCCO radio in Minneapolis as a
kid - though I don't remember any of the stories specifically.

They were broadcast on the CBS Radio Network; the recordings I found are
from radio stations all over the country (I've noted a station in
Portland, OR; WOR out of New York; and KSL out of Salt Lake City so far),
sometimes with commercials, sometimes without.  Occasionally with news at
the beginning or end of the episode as well.  That's actually been fairly
interesting to listen to as well, as the timing of the first episodes
comes from right around Watergate and the energy crisis from the 70s.

Some of the episodes are also sourced from records used for broadcasts to
US Servicemen abroad as I understand it.

Jim