POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 28 Jan 2009 01:24:17
Message: <497ffa11@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Great image! Maybe still a tiny bit sterile. Possibly because
> there is only one type of plant, or because the texture on the
> individual blades is rather uniform. Maybe some blades should
> be more yellow- or brownish, or have some spots and defects.
> Especially since the climate seems a bit dry anyway ;)

Thanks!

I might be able to give each clump a different texture, and even use UV
mapping as well. Dried-up curlies near the bottom of some clumps should
be possible too.

> The placement trick works quite well, but some regularity
> might still be subtly perceived by dominance of some of the
> occuring angles (more parallel lines than you would normally
> expect, especially near the sides).

I'll be refining the mesh soon, so hopefully that goes away.

> Is the lighting just radiosity or did you add luminous bloom?

Yeah, I did add luminous bloom to the image. It was very washed-out
before, and it still looks a little dim to me. I think I'll brighten the
sun for the next render.

Sam