POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : max trace level / ADC bailout "blackout" : Re: max trace level / ADC bailout "blackout" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max trace level / ADC bailout "blackout"
From: Mike Hough
Date: 27 Jan 2009 20:53:40
Message: <497fbaa4@news.povray.org>
I have considered the value of letting the user specify the color to use
when max trace level is reached, although I figured it would just be the
background color. In a way it makes sense, since if a ray ends up not
hitting anything that is what the program assigns as the color of the pixel,
correct? Might make more sense to use the background color as the last value
and then still calculate the average to reduce the degree of wrongness.