POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: St
Date: 26 Jan 2009 04:41:38
Message: <497d8552$1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> ... I don't know if what I say is hard to understand or I'm being
> *ignored*
>
> I just said there's nothing wrong with using other tools, definitely
> nothing
> wrong with using meshes in your scene. But I wouldn't "vote" for a scene
> that was made *entirely* in other programs and fed to POV-Ray, using it as
> just a raytracer; because it's *not* just a raytracer.

 No, you're not being ignored, and I understood you. :)

  The thing is actually, is that this is all quite moot because there are
images in the HOF already that 'have' used modeling programs. I say moot
because I think it's possibly a personal preference thing when it comes to
choosing a particular image on the part of our POV Maestro, Chris Cason
himself. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

     ~Steve~