POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Jan 2009 04:01:11
Message: <497d7bd7$1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht

> ... I don't know if what I say is hard to understand or I'm being
> *ignored*
>
> I just said there's nothing wrong with using other tools, definitely
> nothing
> wrong with using meshes in your scene. But I wouldn't "vote" for a scene
> that was made *entirely* in other programs and fed to POV-Ray, using it as
> just a raytracer; because it's *not* just a raytracer.

I did understand you and I agree certainly with you saying that POV-Ray is
more than a raytracer alone. The point I want to make is that one cannot
draw a really objective line where one can say "this is acceptable" for HOF,
or "this is not acceptable". I think that in most, if not all scenes that
are shown on these forums, the very specific properties of POV-Ray are used,
to varying degrees certainly, but enough to make them POV-Ray specific.

Thomas