POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Jan 2009 03:51:39
Message: <497d799b@news.povray.org>
"Dan Connelly" <djc### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht

> So sure, given two identical images, one with a POV-coded model and one
> generated with blender or wings3d, the POV-coded version is the better
> choice.  But if the use of the auxillary tools contributes to the artistic
> merit of the image, then that contribution should be welcomed.

In my opinion this is almost irrelevant. A mesh parses/renders much faster
and efficiently than the same object constructed in CSG, and in both you can
use exactly the same (POV-Ray) textures, uv-mapped or not. Other things like
height_fields or isosurfaces are better done in POV-Ray. My point is that
the final scene should be rendered (including the radiosity, the media, the
aa, the photons, etc) in POV-Ray, as we are talking about a HOF for POV-Ray.

Thomas