POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : neXtgen Povray Editor (XPE) v0.9.4 : Re: neXtgen Povray Editor (XPE) v0.9.4 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: neXtgen Povray Editor (XPE) v0.9.4
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Jan 2009 03:52:50
Message: <497c2862@news.povray.org>

> Kate and SciTe are almost quite as powerful as vim and emacs and still are
> nothing like any *nix tool (they follow the notepad way of life).  SciTe is
> also cross-platform and I regularly resort to using it on Windows.

   SciTe is just great for large files with endless lines. I started to use
it for editing exported meshes, as other editors tend to do strange things
when dealing with such files, and ended using it for everything... well,
almost, as I still resort to vi when I want to automate the editing with
some macros... :)

--
Jaime