POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 24 Jan 2009 20:39:53
Message: <497bc2e8@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote
>>
>> Well, I'd say the less the author had to rely on *other tools* the more
>> appropriate for POV-Ray HOF...
>
>    Yes, but times have moved on now...
>
>     Perhaps the thing to do is split it.
>
>     o- PoV only HOF. (Total CSG and render).
>
>     o- PoV/other/HOF. (Use of other tool and render).

I didn't say other tools shouldn't be used at all. But somebody who created
a texture in a graphic program, a mesh in a 3D modeller, and put the model
with the texture as an image_map in a povray scene, doesn't seem worth
putting in povray HOF, even if with only those two elements the image looks
awesome.