POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 23 Jan 2009 23:20:02
Message: <497a96f2$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I'm definitely somewhat biased towards the technical side (because it's just the
> kind of stuff I love), but with that in mind, I'd actually advocate to put more
> emphasis on beauty and concept than I usually do myself :)

Technical aspect is important: it's 3d modeling, not simply generating a single 2-d
projection.  Thus illusions like billboarding are less impressive to me.  However,
there is elegance in simplicity, and I don't expect that an image, if "finished", is
less than a magnus opus.  Of course, a magnus opus is also fine.

With this view, I like:

2: artfully done, effectively textured, nicely modeled
4: I love the texturing!!!
7: just captivating
11: brilliant rendition of a classic subject, and a claimed first image by the author!
12: amazing construction, and extremely well textured