POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : semi OT: convert a ttf to a prism. : Re: semi OT: convert a ttf to a prism. Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: semi OT: convert a ttf to a prism.
From: stbenge
Date: 22 Jan 2009 18:44:39
Message: <497904e7@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> I am having some decals made for my bike. Right now, the images consist
> of POV-Ray bezier spline prisms and a ttf I purchased. The former can be
> translated easily enough to a vector format, but I'm not sure about the
> latter. I'd hate to have to open each letter in font forge and manually
> extract the geometry information.
>
> Is there a better way?
>
>  -Shay

I'm not sure about your work flow, but you can convert a text object to
a vector path using Inkscape. Select the text object then go to: Path >
Object to path.

It sounds like you are trying to recreate a logo you made in POV-Ray.
You might want to render it first, then use it as a background object
inside Inkscape so you can position the text. I've done a lot of this
kind of work with Illustrator.

Sam