POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Migration : Re: Documentation Migration Server Time
27 Apr 2024 02:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Migration
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 22 Jan 2009 06:21:54
Message: <497856d2@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> The challenge isn't just exporting to a format to import to Wiki (what
> you suggest is where I started on it myself), but also to export
> modifications/updates put in the Wiki back into the povdoc format.  If
> you strip the povdoc tags from the file (which seemed to me to be
> necessary to use the xml format), then you can't easily re-insert them
> when you dump the pages again.

not stripped but wrapped in comments ..... wiki processes ALOT of html tags
but not all so I've had to come up with what I consider a wiki equivilant in
a few cases. The input side documents are just html stub files wrapped in a
bit of wiki markup.

> That's why a plugin seems like a better approach.  If the wiki preserves
> those formatting tags, then they can be re-exported.  The tags themselves
> are used for things like linking sections to the TOC and the index.

yes and chm (windows help) indexing, keyword building (for searching) .....

Jim (the other one ;-)