POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zazzle.com tip, exclusive to pov'vers : Re: Zazzle.com tip, exclusive to pov'vers Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zazzle.com tip, exclusive to pov'vers
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Jan 2009 04:42:24
Message: <4976ee00$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> I just sold 10 copies each of two cards at zazzle.  Total royalty was $3.40.

Congratulations. You've just sold more stuff than I have in my entire
Zazzle career.

(OTOH, one of the items I told was a fairly large poster that I got $8 for.)

I guess only weird people like me enjoy psychedelic fractal images. ;-)

> The interesting thing is that they were landscape photographs from a tourist
> town, which I'd say are "above average" in artistic merit but far from say
> Flickr's Explore quality.  I did tag them well and put in a good description of
> the exact location featured.

Well, mine are tagged too. Trouble is, if you search Zazzle for
"fractal", you'll find several billion results. Fractals are extremely
easy to generate, requiring almost no skill or talent. And some people
aren't using dinosaur software that makes everything hard to do like I am...