POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saturday night doodle. - Buddha01c1_.jpg (0/1) : Re: Saturday night doodle. - Buddha01c1_.jpg (0/1) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:09:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saturday night doodle. - Buddha01c1_.jpg (0/1)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 20 Jan 2009 15:19:59
Message: <497631ef$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> read for example their statements about when to use
> the LGPL and the GPL to see for yourself

by chance, I happened to read it a few days ago. I was also
surprised by the attitude. It seems like they feel to be in
competition to commercial software, but why would you worry
about competition when you make free software anyway? If you
don't do it for fun, why bother? The only advantage to gain
is a broader user base and henceforth more fame, but for
that libs should be LGPL'ed in the first place ;)