POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saturday night doodle. - Buddha01c1_.jpg (0/1) : Re: Saturday night doodle. - Buddha01c1_.jpg (0/1) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saturday night doodle. - Buddha01c1_.jpg (0/1)
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2009 12:23:58
Message: <497608ae@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Indeed... Same question here. I use OpenOffice.org to (almost) full
> satisfaction, and without feeling guilty towards MS... ;-)

It usually confuses matters to try to analyze "real" open source software
(like the Linux kernel) with software that was created and given away as a
competitive advantage to the creators. Some "open" software was originally
created by a hardware company who wanted good software for their hardware
that would compete with the software available for other hardware. Giving
away the software made their hardware (where they made their actual money)
more attractive.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?