POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Arbitrary area light : Re: Arbitrary area light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arbitrary area light
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Jan 2009 19:48:45
Message: <4973cded$1@news.povray.org>
Hiya Mike!

Yours has more pop to it, other looks bland to me.
Something I noticed almost immediately, though, is how closer to street
level on the mid-ground left side the MCPOV rendering has a darkening that
makes more sense. But overall it seems dull. Question is then, I wonder why
yours lacks the darkness between buildings when other parts are actually
darker than in the MCPOV render...? Must be something about illumination
bounce over distance, I'm thinking.

First thought about this scene was the overwhelming blue... my favorite
color. Just confusing thing about possibly being twilight and would this
really be that blue if so. Can't imagine even totally white buildings being
that blue in the evening (or morning) I guess.  ;^)

Bob