POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First MC-POV effort : Re: First MC-POV effort Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First MC-POV effort
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Jan 2009 04:35:36
Message: <497054e8$1@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.496f8347103da13eef2b9ba40@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
>> What it needs is (1) expression, (2) tiny bits of assymmetry, to make the
>> figure human.
>
> Thanks for the good advice.  So far I've just been trying to get the
> proportions
> right.  That's proving to be difficult enough.  I did it in Wings3D so
> symmetry
> is always the last thing to go.  If you get rid of that, then you have to
> make
> any changes twice--and hope they come out the same.  If I get a chance
> I'll try
> your suggestions, but don't hold your breath.  Real life beckons.

Introducing assymmetry and/or expression, should be the last things to do,
after you are sure your (symmetrical) model is satisfying and ready for use,
and then work - of course - from copies of that last one :-)

Take your time. We are not in a hurry... ;-)

Anyway, you did a real good job in Wings3D.

Thomas