POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First MC-POV effort : Re: First MC-POV effort Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First MC-POV effort
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Jan 2009 03:07:24
Message: <496eeebc$1@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.496eb2185f052970ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org...
> Here's my first real effort in MC-POV.  Too dark, maybe?  I stopped it
> after
> three hours of rendering (two cores) so it wouldn't get too smooth.  HDR
> lighting seems to work very well with MC-POV.  Still needs hair, whiskers,
> eyelashes, and something else...  Not sure what that might be, but it
> lacks
> texture, or life, or something.

Well, yeah... it's CG and not real. ;^)

Freaky-looking thing, no doubt about it. Made me think of those mannequin's
put into passengers seats of cars to be able to use carpool lanes.

MC-POV...? I guess I saw that mentioned before when speed reading/looking
through these newsgroups. Must be plenty I'm not up to date on these days.

Oh, and maybe the ear needs some redness from light shining through a bit.
That SSS stuff. But I don't know what all you're able to do with that
MC-POV...

Bob