POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My cat looking at something : Re: My cat looking at something Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My cat looking at something
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jan 2009 03:52:23
Message: <496b04c7@news.povray.org>
Overall, I agree with what you are saying here. However, I think that with a
couple of well-built models with all the morph properties well in place, you
can get rid of all those other - average - models that are for sale.
Granted, there are not many of those universal models. Apollo Maximus
approches that standard, and it is also free (!) but I have serious
misgivings about the hundreds of average or low-quality products that swamp
the market, imo, mostly to generate money. I am willing to spend some money
if I really need something, but I expect first and all that the modeller has
taken his work seriously, and hence has taken his potential customer
seriously. That is not always the case, even with the builders of Poser and
its standard figures.

Thomas