POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My cat looking at something : Re: My cat looking at something Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My cat looking at something
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jan 2009 03:36:05
Message: <496b00f5$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> St. wrote:
>> "clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>>
>>  > There's a lot of models you can get for just $1.99 apiece
>>
>>     Sorry, but I'll never get the 'buy the model' thing that's been
>> happening for the last 8 or so years.
>

> Me neither, but for you and me making the model is the fun part. Someone
> else is all about the lighting or the narrative, or framing the scene,...
> more like a director.  They don't care much about making the model but
> it's cool that they recognize that the art should be paid for. I think
> it's all good.

Hmm... yes and no I guess. I am not entirely convinced about the artistic
part. I have a hunch that making bucks is the main drive behind it (and
probably rightly so if viewed from the entrepreneur's point of view)... My
doubts about the artistry derives mainly from the fact that the quality of
the proposed models is rather average.

Thomas