POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CB Model Pro : Re: CB Model Pro Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CB Model Pro
From: Jim Charter
Date: 11 Jan 2009 21:27:13
Message: <496aaa81$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> o Stretching textures does not seem to work, though
>   applying textures and stretching geometry does.

interesting approach.  Of course it depends what you mean by 'works'

For instance, you have a rusty pot,  then you add a bulge to the pot.
Does the grain of the rust expand with the bulge or remain constant?  I
suspect the former when you want the latter.  On the other hand you have
a balloon with a happy face.  You distaort the balloon and the happy
face distorts accordingly.  This is the desired result.

No worries btw.  When you get more sophisticated in all this you will
learn there are tools such as uv-mapper which will allow you to recreate
the uv's that the modelling tool originally assigns.