POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CB Model Pro : Re: CB Model Pro Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CB Model Pro
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 11 Jan 2009 15:27:08
Message: <496a561c@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> I finally need to have a look at Poseray after all.

Ok, got it, so I could make a first attempt at

   model -> export -> render.

I quickly noticed this chain is actually more like

   model -> export -> import poseray -> fix data -> export
     ^                   |                           |
     +--- some problem - +                           |

   adapt SDL --> perform test render -> perform final render
     ^                           |                   |
     +- object not quite where --+                   |
            it should be                             |
                                        Admire mesh artefacts

(if you see a mess above you have variable font width).

But, ta-dah, here it is. I'm not really sure I understand
the details of who creates and uses which uv mapping, but
after texturing and painting an object inside CB Model Pro
and going through Poseray, everything seems to end up where
it should be. Unfortunately the modeller exports the mtl
file always with ambient, diffuse and specular = 1 which
looks rather silly and needs to be fixed by hand.

On the plus side, all geometric transformation automatically
work on the textures as well, so I could apply the clock
texture (just a cellphone photo of my wall clock) to
the non-liquified clock *before* bending it.

Possible problems with texturing in CB Model Pro:

o All uv-mapped textures seems to end up with
   a measly resolution of 256x256.
o Stretching textures does not seem to work, though
   applying textures and stretching geometry does.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'daliclock.jpg' (29 KB)

Preview of image 'daliclock.jpg'