POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Governor Sarah Palin's Naughty Monkey Double Dare Pumps [81k] : Re: Governor Sarah Palin's Naughty Monkey Double Dare Pumps [81k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Governor Sarah Palin's Naughty Monkey Double Dare Pumps [81k]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 11 Jan 2009 12:38:26
Message: <496a2e92$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> Last summer, I saw 3 girls. Two of them wearing sneakers, the third
> wearing high heel stilt shoes. One of them was about 6 feet tall, maybe
> some more. Guess who was wearing the stilt shoes?
> Hint, she was looking well above the head of just about everybody in the
> area... and her two friends barely reatched her shoulders.

Funny, well that just goes to show that the behavior is not rationally
explained.  One might argue that, visually, the tall heels exaggerate
and enhance the already long legs; one might also note that a petite
woman could 'absorb' the extra height.  Even further contradictory, the
taller woman would be getting proportionally, a smaller boost in height,
the shorter woman a greater boost .

My wife is taller than me and so does not own or wear heels much higher
than a medium 2 inches.  We just look ridiculous together when she does.
  She walks along beside me with her arm over my shoulder like one would
a child.