POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Governor Sarah Palin's Naughty Monkey Double Dare Pumps [81k] : Re: Governor Sarah Palin's Naughty Monkey Double Dare Pumps [81k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Governor Sarah Palin's Naughty Monkey Double Dare Pumps [81k]
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jan 2009 10:28:19
Message: <496a1013$1@news.povray.org>
clipka nous illumina en ce 2009-01-10 03:27 -->
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>> Well, shoes like these have less to do with practical utility (by most
>> definitions of utility)
>
> Just heard on the radio about a woman wo has been wearing high heels ever since
> she was 18 - even when at work... repairing cars!
>
> She said the only day she ever wore different shoes, she nearly broke an ankle
> when she promptly fell down the stairs ;)

The explanation is prety simple:
Over the years of wearing high heels, her Achile tendon and tight muscle have
shortened. Also, her way of walking have adapted to that unnatural posture. Now,
when she use more normal shoes, it's like she have "high toes" shoes.

--
Alain
I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.