POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CB Model Pro : Re: CB Model Pro Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CB Model Pro
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 11 Jan 2009 08:15:04
Message: <4969f0d8$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> schreef in bericht
>> It looks like a commercial application, but as far as
>> I understand you will be allowed to operate the beta
>> indefinitely after registering it. It initially comes
>> with a time lock ... but so does POV-Ray 3.7b ;)
>

> probably not be very expensive once beyond the beta stage, as they want
> [quote] to promote the discovery and use of 3D to all kinds of consumers, in
> particular young users [unquote].

Yes, apparently it's based on a technology they initially
developped for kids, which suits my skills just fine ;)

   http://www.cosmicblobs.com/

The only thing I can't quite understand is their interest in
spreading the beta and asking for feedback via the forums, but
limiting forum access (even view) to existing customers. I'm
still searching for any kind of email contact to ask if that
is intentional, as I already found a reproducible crash
which I thought it would be nice of me to report.