POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2009 11:24:24
Message: <496628b8@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> [...]

  I was not talking about plans for processors. I was talking about the
claim that *operating systems* (including linux) are going to drop support
for the FPU even on architectures which do have a perfectly good FPU (ie.
every single current Intel and AMD processor). I find this claim ludicrous,
especially for linux (which aims for maximal portability).

--
                                                          - Warp