POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moonlight : Re: Moonlight Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moonlight
From: Alain
Date: 4 Jan 2009 15:20:13
Message: <496119fd$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis nous illumina en ce 2009-01-04 08:22 -->
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> Cousin Ricky nous illumina en ce 2009-01-02 18:36 -->
>>> 2. It may not be "just" moonlight.  A full moon so close to the horizon isn't
>>> far behind sunset (or ahead of sunrise), so there may still be a bit of
>>> twilight.
>>>
>> Not in a tropical setting. In those areas, the twilight last only minutes, at
>> most. The moon should be almost touching the horizon to have some twilight.
>
> Good catch! :)
>
> Indeed, here in Brazil, moonlight really means the light from the moon alone.  I
> heard that in London and going upper, the sun is in the sky even in the late
> hours but only now came to realize it'd influence moonlight like this... :P
>
> somehow, I guess I'll never listen to the Moonlight Sonata in the same light
> again... oh, bad pun! :P

In temperate regions, the twilight can last over 2 hours, especialy around the
summer solstice. And you don't need to go as north as London, In Montreal,
Québec, around 46 degree North, and twilight can last that much.

--
Alain
Wars are not paid for in wartime, the bill comes later.